Thursday, March 21, 2013

American Winter Documentary

Last night on HBO GO, I watched a documentary called American Winter regarding the poverty levels in American .  I am so blessed and grateful, but also VERY aware that it is possible for almost all us to be in the same boat if something happens and I know that many of you are already there, which I send my prayers to you daily. 

I have been wondering how to help and I have decided to check what the common items needed are at my local food pantry and buy $20 worth each week during my shopping trips to donate them at the end of the month.  With coupons, sales, and the 99 cents store,  it should add up to a decent help effort.   I would love it if you would share this post and if possible financially, commit to buying a few items each time that you go to the store and drop them off monthly as well.

Please understand that this is not a blog  post to reply with your own comments of problems, but a post that will support and affirm our blessings and gratitude.  Be the change you need in your life :)  Giving reaps a very wonderful return and God blesses those that help others.

http://www.americanwinterfilm.com/

FIND YOUR LOCAL FOOD PANTRY:
http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx


Post a Comment